When waking up early has been part of your routine..WHAT???


It's 12.45 am

And what is sleep if you're a night owl like me?

But ever since I moved into my parent's house, I have to behave jussstt a little bit – so I don't wake up too late like how I used to in my rented house. After moving back, I found myself sleeping earlier and waking up earlier. Mornings never felt so long – and if I was in my old house, the day went by so quickly and bam, suddenly night again.

But tbh, it kinda felt good too. Last two weeks, before we went to PD, all of us – my hubby, along with my family, went breakfast at Pelita Nasi Kandar (aka best mamak in town). And then just last week, my friend invited me for breakfast around my house area. That prompted me to quickly get up of my bed and pestering my husband to do it as well. And so, we met up with my friend and her husband at a breakfast stall owned by one of my neighbours. Mornings like this are so gratifying, not only do I get breakfast that includes hashbrown and scramble eggs(ala ala western giteww), but I hadn't catch up with my friend for quite some time. Both of us are married and she had an adorable son which she did not bring along, and that's okay because when aunty Sasha sees him, hes gonna get smothered by me. hehehe. After breakfast, we went for some coffee and cinnamon rolls. How cool are mornings seriously that we overlooked before this?

So waking up in the morning feels good, and the rest of the day felt more productive tbh. 

This morning I woke up to my Mom's nasi lemak, then after finish breakfast continue sleeping until 1pm. Urghhh afternoon nap felt so good when the weather is just nice -.-. So much for waking up early and inculcating a healthy lifestyle. 

Anyway, a few days ago my husband had to work late night on a thursday (the night before Malaysia Day) until dawn (came home at 5am). 

I'm so used to sleep with my hubby around and he would tuck me into bed – caress my hair, and being close with his warm body eases my journey to dreamland.

But when he's not around, I had to sleep with my mom. And I couldn't sleep at all. No matter how much I tossed and turned, I still couldn't drift to sleep eventhough I had my bantal busuk with me.

Ummm for those of you who don't know what bantal busuk is, is basically a sacred pillow that you can't sleep without. It's not technically smelly, it's just a term that people created to show the connection a human has with their pillow. Some even keep their bantal busuk since baby. My bantal busuk is a hot-dog shaped pillow – so soft, so bouncy, inviting me to drift off everytime I hug it. Even hugging my hubby isn't as satisfying as my bantal busuk. 

OK why I have a paragraph dedicated to bantal busuk? Obviously I really dreaded when he has to work all night. I can't imagine his colleagues who have to always go outstation – leaving their wives handling their kids at home by themselves. Really salute strong women out there! 

Sigh, then I realized how much I just love my husband. How I want him beside me all the time.

And when he has free time he would watch animes, chinese dramas, or play games. So I squeezed next to him, lying down at this chest and watch whatever he's doing. Sometimes he would kiss the top of my head, sometimes being totally engrossed with whatever he's watching until his wife is invisible. zzzzz. Lovey-dovey thoughts dwindled to zero. 

Anyway me and hubby just finished watching Do Revenge, a netflix teen-drama show starring Camilla Mendes and Maya Hawke. Maya Hawke is sooo good in acting as a flustered yet introverted individual, and then turning into a cynical psycopath – and boy I didnt see that plot twist coming. If you haven't watched it, please do. Lesson learnt from the movie – what goes around comes around *cue Justin Timberlake's song* and even the smallest, tiniest rumor you made about someone could scar them for life – and in turn, it haunts you back without you knowing.

Another vital lesson – you CAN be friends with someone you used to hate. That's why I love the ending of it. Argh not gonna spoil it just watch la ok?

Havent spent much time with my in laws, so I visited my MIL, and my nephews who I haven't seen in two weeks. We played, we watched movie, and scared my hubby with balloons. Its so nice to spend time with them – definitely obscured my mind from any negative thoughts for a moment. Spending time with my nephews means putting my phone away, and focused on hotwheels racing – I always lose anyway. And when the weather's good, we would go to the playground in front of my MIL's house and play with the swings, slides, see-saw, or watching them cycling and shouting orders to just "slow-down! Don't hit your brother! There's a car coming!".

Its amazing how I'm always on the phone 24/7 but when I'm with them, I managed to go about two hours not looking at my phone at all. It really reminds me of my childhood, where back then we dont have smartphones to placate our free time. Being with my hubby's family definitely unleashed my inner "kampung girl" that I never thought I'd have – and made me love the outdoors even more. 

There was one time when we were playing with the balloon, it flew to the neighbours house – even though I already recounted them countless of times not to pivot the balloon in that direction! 

I tried to reach for the balloon using the water broom (thanks icad for the idea -,-) – but it popped the balloon so our little experiment failed! 

After the short unfortunate balloon explosion, they brought another balloon only to result it flying to the neighbours house AGAIN.

This time we learnt a vital lesson: Do not scoop the balloon with the water sweeper! Get your nephew to climb on the neighbours fence like a thief, grab the balloon and quickly climbed up again and landing on softly without making a noise. Of course, I was there to supervise the whole thing! Na-ah not going to climb with my skirts on. 

And for the non-requested update from me – I am currently reading Escape by James Patterson and David Ellis. Those two authors managed to keep in check with my thriller-fiction needs that involves police, detectives, guns and bombs. Some of the times I have different needs – something horror that involves teens and young adults. Adult fiction is nice, but its also nice to see the youth perception in solving mysteries. Theres always the nerd ones whos a computer geek, and theres also the popular girl that has access to things, and the bad boy whos always in trouble but unkowingly dragged into a murder mystery.

Yes, I'm talking about Get Even and One Of Us Is Lying. #ifyouknowyouknow

Okay thats about it. Will read and watch more netflix to keep the blog alive! Till next post. Ciao!

 


Comments

Popular Posts