First anniversary: From Serendipity to Eternity

 

As I was driving on my way to work, the traffic was super congested, so I connected the bluetooth to my radio so I can listen to songs from my Youtube.

Then my usual playlist started to play seamlessly  my usual Westlife, 98 Degrees, Backstreet Boys, Martina Mcbride, Afgan and others that are very sappy and with lyrics that depict emotions about love. 

90's kids can relate to this right?

Songs after songs, the heavy traffic still doesn't subside. Great. 

Then, the song "I wanna grow old with you" by Westlife started to play.

I wanna grow old with youI wanna die lying in your armsI wanna grow old with youI wanna be looking in your eyesI wanna be there for youSharing in everything you doI wanna grow old with you

This song always gets to me  as you can see the lyrics are so deep and emotional, and exactly what I felt towards my husband.

I wanna grow old with him. I wanna stay by his side until we're old and wrinkly, until our body can't bring ourselves to go for shopping anymore, our tummy has grown many many inches from our late-night binge eating. #unhealthyoldhags

So today it's my wedding anniversary. Still have to work, but we celebrated yesterday, luckily. 

The story of how I met my husband is kinda similar to the movie "Serendipity".

OK la I wouldn't fully call it serendipity. Although it kinda felt like John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale's world in the movie collided for a moment  truth is I knew him since school. But we weren't that likeable towards each other. Its kinda the opposite.

We bumped into each other again 4 years ago in KLCC  so its still by accident okay?? 

But let me give you some nitty-gritty anecdotes aka 10 facts about my husband  #evillaugh

1. He was small..much smaller than me back then. But so cute

2. Loves to tease especially towards the girls. I'm the regular victim to his "Sasha Lovess XXXXX" (ironically end up with someone who frequently drive me crazy till my ears bleed  tu orang kata jangan benci sangat lama2 cinta)

3. Always sits in front  good student.#konon 

4. Talks alot until it drives our teachers crazy. 

5. Not afraid of salamanders species  he chased a huge lizard in school while holding a broom (funny and cute because hes so small while holding a huge broom). And once there was a lizard in my car  I freaked out and he remained calm. 

6. But his fearlessness towards a gecko is not the same with cockroaches though.

7. When he's stressed out  speficially when working or playing video games  he would pull his hair and shaped it into a curl. 

8. He makes delicious lychee drink (its just a cordial drink but he makes it better than me okay..)

9. Very low profile  rarely post on social media. If I mentioned him in an instastory, he will just repost it without any romantic-comeback caption  #cansomeoneteachhimtobemoreromanticpls. But I cant say the same when you talk to him in real life though. So don't judge a person by their how frequent they update their social media.

10. Always make sure I brought my charger before leaving for work – his wifey can be forgetful at times. 


Four years together, and a year of marriage already. Time flies so fast, seems like  just yesterday when he slid into my DM with a hello and pretending to ask about how many resumes I've sent to employers. #naktrytapisegansegan

From our little chats on Instagram, we started to chat every single day and every friggin' time on whatsapp. At first, it kinda felt like catching up an old friend. It's been what, 7 years since we last saw each other in school, 9 years since we were in the same class together. He definitely changed alot, from a little boy who always gave excuses of having to take care of his nieces and nephews to the teacher  which resulted him in not doing his homework  to the man who's voice turned a little hoarser (puberty thingz) with already grown up nieces and nephews – and some additional little ones.

But one thing for sure  his annoyance is still the same hahaha. I used to find him exasperating  he would tease me of liking this guy and that guy  but now he's trying to flirt with me, and subsequently after becoming my husband, cant spend a day without me. I really dreaded when he needs to go for outstation. Okay let me reiterate this. Benci boleh jadi cinta #evillaugh

Yesterday we went to a restaurant in Damansara to celebrate our first anniversary. I came across an ad in Facebook that says "Nak makan dengan view cantik tetapi harga mamak??"  and more captions that made it sound promising. 

Sasha being Sasha  who easily got scammed by such ads  fell for the caption and some pictures posted then proceeded to make booking. Since we want to save some money but still get the "anniversary-worthy-quality", we figured why waste so much money right? So I straight away whatsapped the admin and paid RM75 for anniversary decorations. 

When we got there, we had trouble finding the restaurant as it was in a building, and the building has multiple blocks  and the signage to find the restaurant only has one. Great. Sampai sampai dah stress. Silently hoping the food and the place is worthy our relentless searching of the not-so-existant restaurant.

After we managed to find it  finally letting out our celebratory sighs  we were so impatient and excited to see our table decorations. Finally something to appease us, we thought. We were so excited until it turned into disappointment...to find the decoration just two balloons and a fake candle lit up. 

Okay la, not that bad but I was expecting it to be REAL candles  like in those movies where they had candlelight dinner with the waiter litting up the candle for us and all..ahh ya know like from the parents trap movie. Such a brat Sasha -.-

Hmmm..luckily we can bring back the balloon though. Helium balloon which my sister end up playing with it and making squeaking sounds after inhaling it. 

The food was..not harga mamak like how it marketed in their captions. They were actually abit pricey then I expected, and tasted pretty blant. And guess what..

MOST OF THE FOOD IN THE MENU ARE UNAVAILABLE.

Me: Saya nak air strawberry..

Waitress: Strawberry tak ada cik. Semua tu tak ada kecuali ..*proceeded to say a weird fruit juice name that we never heard of*

Me: Ok nak air Orange Juice..

Waitress: Orange juice takde cik. Semua juice takde kecuali Watermelon..

What the...???

Me: (Trying my best to display calm face) Ok xpe..saya ambik watermelon jelah..

Waitress: Ok

Then Sasha being Sasha, I felt like trying their desserts out. Their food is already 2/10 for me, watermelon juice not worth the price for such small glass. Even mamak stores can make better presentation of watermelon juice..

So another conversation with the waitress goes;

Me: Saya nak honey butter waffle with ice cream.

Waitress: Ice cream takde cik

Me: Alamak saya nak ada ice cream. Kalau camtu creme brulee lah..

Waitress: Creme brulee pun takde cik..

Me: (Trying not to laugh but a let out giggle of annoyance in my tone) Habis tu ade apa je cik?xD

Waitress: Waffle chocolate sume ade

Me: Takpe cik, saya ambik honey butter waffle

After the waitress walked away, my husband caught my dismal expression and laughed. I gave him a look that says nextanniversarywearegoingtoahotelandyouaregonnasurprisemethankyouverymuch

We didn't take alot of pictures because our mood have turned gloomy after this and that food not available. I didn't even touch my husband because I had my wudhu', and I wanna keep it till we get home  felt like a Haram couple. #solatisfirstandpriority

So here are the pics we managed to take:





Moral of the story  please vet the venues thoroughly before proceeded to make a booking. Don't be impulsive like me and trust the ads so easily only to be disenchanted at the end -.-

Nevertheless, it wasn't about being in an expensive venue, or a yacht, or having someone to light up your candle, or to have some succulent steaks prepared on your table, and some opulent looking juices with ostentasious presentations..

Ok i made it sound like I wanted all that. 

Truth is, everyday is an anniversary. We have to celebrate our loved ones EVERY SINGLE DAY. 

Dear sayang, I pray for our safety every single day. For Allah to alkways protect us, and magnify our love towards Him and each other. To always have gratitutde, to love each other no matter how thorny our journey is, to continue being a cohesive unit  always and forever. Im not so good at cheesy words, but trust me, I have always dreamt of having a man who is responsible, patient with my tantrums and wear specs (added bonus)..and what I get is more than what I dreamt of.

My past relationship is always full of negativity and making me always having to figure out things like "am I good enough, why doesnt he love me the way I wanted to, why is he always ghosting.." And Alhamdulillah after years of battling all the insecurities, Allah has granted me a man that shunned all the negativities I used to feel. With him, I feel safe and contented. In his arms is where I found my home  a place where I can crash-landing on safely, and for him, I can jump without having to worry about whether or not he would catch me  thats how much I trust him. 

And thank you for the heartful speech during our dinner yesetrday, in the middle of a fake candle. Ok I should stop before I get more bitter.

Not going to expose which venue I chose for my anniversary dinner – I don't like to bring a business down, coz Im pretty sure others are okay with that place. Its great for a family function actually. But I just hope when that happens, they are not out of any food displayed in the menu, coz that was a majorrr turn off. It's normal to have one or two not available, but if majority not available, not surprised it won't last very long. 

Thats it. I love you sayang, Thank you for everything <3






Comments

Popular Posts