Boring update ft rants

 

I haven't been writing much lately, probably because there was nothing..interesting to write about?

Seriously there is nothing ground-breaking I have done lately, but I'm gonna write it anyway. Just write whatever you want, they say. I have been rusty in terms of blogging nowadays, my brain can't articulate to write a riveting sentence with high-end vocabs. It's like I'm having a writer's block for quite some time. And that has to change – keep on telling that to myself and then next week I'll be lazy again. 

So I want to list things that I've achieved for the past month:

1. Finished reading four books in a month – one of them not from a crime genre. 

2. Doing my best (still am) to sleep earlier

3. Taught my niece how to show off her toungue (idk if thats an achievement but lets pretend it is okay?)

4. Listen to podcasts during traffic jam (one hour driving sucks, so put on your fav music or podcasts to placate your mind with more distractions #kldriverproblems)

5. Reading more news and try to keep up to date with current issues

6. Discovered my tummy has grown into a food baby rather than real baby (highlight of my entire goal)

7. Currently watching Cheer on Netflix – discovered my new obsession which is  cheerleading because it has tumblings, gymnastic elements and stunts that make the athlete thrown into the air

Errrr...*cricket sound*

That's all I can think of. 

Not an ideal goal or achievements, but I'm proud of myself of how far I've gotten into my reading journey. From not reading for years, I managed to finish a few books within a month. From there, I learned to improve my vocabs, and how to construct sentences better. 

I'm a lousy story-teller by nature, and I'm pretty oblivious to the current issues. So yeah I try bring myself to read more news other than novels because we need more than one source of reading to open our minds right? Tbh news articles bore me...so I take it as a challenge to read them more. Maybe one day do a week summary of all the important news  #flexinginvisiblemuscles

Okay so what is the highlight of current issues..I know our ex-Prime Minister has been convicted and sent to jail, and his wife has found guilty by the High Court, another politician and his wife being charged for corruption, politicians bickering here and there, and a possible General Election anytime soon. 

It's disheartening to see the racial turmoil in Malaysia right now. People are posting malicious comments about other races and religions on social media, and you know how the Malaysian keyboard warriors are – if the comments come to life, there would be shotguns blasting everywhere. 

Apart from all the national news and some celebrity gossip, I'm quite baffled by some news article announcing "The daughter of this tycoon is pregnant with second child.." I mean seriously? How does a news about someone being pregnant become the headlines from a pretty big news company? Sure, pregnancy is of course a GREAT news, but for the whole world to know its just cringy as heck. 

Putting aside all the news that brings negativity, it's refreshing to witness Merdeka celebration after 2 years hiatus from the pandemic. I've always wanted to go sooo badly to the dataran and watch the parade – but my hubby warned about the excessive crowds and whatnot. And yes hes right. When I saw the pictures of people waiting for the train, its like a sardine packed in one tiny sandwhich.

Damn..I love you Malaysia but I'm glad to not be in that situation. 

And that encapsulates my boring update along with some rant because I read the news okkk...

Love u all muahhhh XOXO 


Almost finishing this one. Creme brulee to add some sweetness inside this riveting horror drama taking place in Frightmares House of Horror..



Comments

Popular Posts