The mortification

So last Sunday - my family and I went to Sunway Lagoon Theme Park for God knows how long we haven't set foot on there. I went to Genting with my friends few months ago but there the rides were mostly unavailable/still under testing phase. So I was pretty excited for this trip. 

I have anxiety when it comes to rides that throw you up and down, or just moving down a steep slope, ie: roller coasters, that 360 degree spin thingy, water slides, you name it. I love thrilling rides, but I just get anxiety before riding it. Like I did conquer my fear at last, but still before every ride I would hyperventilate as if I'm gonna perform a routine in an olympic stadium.

So yeah, I wasn't thrilled at the idea of riding a gravity-defying waterslide named Vuvuzela. I'm not kidding, waterslides are much scarier than roller coasters for me. But since my hubby and sis insist - I don't have any choice. But deep down, of course I wanted to go, just wish I don't have that anxiety. So yeah as we queue up for the ride I heard people screaming out loud as they reached the vortex thingy - dunno whats it called, but it looks scary as hell because I hate seeing round things that is designed like a hypnosis chamber. Those designs that look like being in a magic show room that gives a vibe of an optical illusion, being in a trance of hypnosis. And being in the float that are not equipped with seatbelt or safety tools wasn't a good idea for me hehe..

Anyway, the ride was less enjoyable because I closed my eyes the entire time we were tossed down. Dramatic Sasha along with her dramatic husband who wasn't scared at all but screamed like he just did bungy jumping. 

Vuvuzela was a success but you bet my ass I wont ride it again..so I apologize in advance towards my adventurous friends and hubby because Sasha is such a baby after all *cries*. I would probably just wait at the side and take videos of yall screaming.

Then the next ride was congo challenge. It is a slide with 6 lanes and you have to be horizontally flat on ur front body and race with your family members or friends. Again, I was nervous because the equipment to go down the slide was just like a typical yoga mat. I still went with it after much coercion, and this is where the tragedy happened..

Everything went well at first, my husband made sure I went down safely - until when I reached down, I guess I lost grasp of the handle on that yoga mat thingy that made me flipped a little - things happened so fast - idk exactly what happened. I remembered I had instant back pain like someone hit me with a metal bat. I screamed in pain, and of course my sis and hubby came to me - and I know alot of eyes were on me that time. It took me awhile for the pain to subside little by little but they already called one of the stuffs to bring the first aid kit. Great, now I feel like an injured sportswoman waiting for someone to bring me ice and hot cream. aduh..malunya Ya Allah masa tu. 

I never really done anything adventurous, this one one of it. I used to be scared of water and can't swim until last year. But waterslides alike - I've never gotten into any. So slight adventurous activity has caused me muscle strain. GREAT. I have my fair shares of embarrassment in front of the public and this is one I wish I didn't had. 

After awhile I managed to get up, so Alhamdulillah I don't need my husband to carry me in front of the public. Within minutes one of the stuff came and brought first aid kit, and sprayed my back using the muscle spray. I got much better, but the mortification is still there. *walkingwithheaddown*

All in all, the trip was fun, joyful and first theme park trip with my husband. We didn't take much pictures, but we really enjoyed ourselves to the fullest. I mean when was the last time we put our phone down and really focus on happiness vicinity to us? It was indeed a great, detoxing - cleansing our souls from the stress of our working days, and soaking the positive energy needed to get ready for the coming week.


Have a great remaining week everyone!


                                                            Ok lah, belanja satu gambar





Comments

Popular Posts