Movie Night-Mat Kilau

 

Last night - I was given what I considered a very lucky opportunity because I heard the theatres are full everywhere. 

Like literally everywhere at my proximity. 

Wangsa Walk, Melawati Mall, KLCC - you name it. Alas Jusco Aeon in Setiawangs has  few seats available.

Apo lagi?? Terus book. 

Mat Kilau created its own phenomenon in the Malaysian film industry after reeking RM 1 Million on the first day itself. 

I was like WHATTT??? Another Maverick movie alike??

So I planned to watch it myself to see the reason why. And I was flabbergastered by the outcome! 

Stories about warriors and nationalists always fascinates me. The reason why our countries are free from the fatal colonization its because of these selfless people who poured their blood, sweat, and tears to make sure we are free from the British who have colonized our country for its natural resources. They claimed to be helping the locals developing the country - but in reality they brutally killed those who defy them. Women and children weren't absolved from being murdered. 

We learned history in school but do we ever appreciate the past of what it has done to our country in the present?

We often learned about how our Tanah Melayu back then colonized and ridiculed by the British, but have we ever ponder upon ourselves - if we don't unite like how people were back then, are we able to fight back with the same resellience as them?

History are often considered as the boring subject in school. A class where students yawned and just paid least attention to. At least back then. 

Not gonna lie - I do that too back then. #shame

I'm pretty sure with movies like this and alike, it will definitely sparked some interest in students to learn about history and martial arts. 

Not gonna spoil the movie, just giving my own thoughts. 

Of course not all of the scenes and characters were accurate - it's for entertainment purposes but at the same time inpart us some knowledge of how reselient Mat Kilau and his friends were, how patience can definitely set a good example in leadership. Before any attack, think and don't act blatantly blinded by your emotions. 

I love how the movie imparted Islamic messages as well - how Mat Kilau is fearless because he knows Allah is with him. His confidence and his strength doesn't only lie within his skills of silat and his keris - but also his trust towards Him and if he were to die in the hands of British, he is willingly to do so because he knew he fought for the right thing.

Melayu adalah bangsaku, Islam adalah agamaku, Aku keris yang menyilau, Akulah Mat Kilau.

I love this quote. It felt like a dagger just cut me deep inside my soul.

I never thought about being proud about my race. Yes of course I'm proud, but I never EMBRACED how proud I was to come from a generation where my great grandfathers were on of those people who stood up against those who conquered the country. They fought for their nation, so that their grandchildren can leave in peace. So originally Malays weren't lazy nor weak, as oppose to the society's allegation of stereotyping that particular race as one. 

Can be seen through the quote : Jangan sampai bangsaku tiada negara. 

The rest of the script was impeccable. The lines were delivered beautifully - it made me teared up three times. It depicts the old Malay language or Bahasa Melayu baku - which is very beautiful to me. The quotes and words were true, honest and direct.

The actors performed really well in this. Before I watched the movie, netizens were praising Fattah Amin for his performance. And indeed, his performance was brilliant apart from Adi Putra and Beto Kusyairi. Their chemistry in the movie was undeniable and moving. Again, made me teared up.

But on a side note, can we talk about the stuntmen in action? All of the attacks and their choreographed movement was ON POINT. Yayan Riuhan was amazing - he acted in several Malaysian movies and even in Hollywood. For this Mat Kilau, he was the antagonist but in reality he was one of the stunt coordinators for this film. Not only he is willing to accept this role - but to contribute to this film in a vast way. 

I realized I didn't really make the summary of the movie. But if you're intriugued about what I said, go and watch it yourself. May it ignite your spirit to make you fearless fighting the evil, and keep you entertained while supporting local film industry.

Thats all. Take caree everyone. 

Bloopers:

After watching Mat Kilau, I felt like I was ready to pencak silat anyone even though I had no knowledge about it. Then suddenly theres a cicak hanging off my car and into the hole  of the car door. Now idk where is it. 

Hilang kekuatan.

So my hubby sent me to work this morning. K bye.

Sincerely,

Pahlawan muda yang takut cicak. 

Comments

Popular Posts