Pampering myself kinda day



 Swooshhhhh~

Did you just hear a blissful sound of wind blowing through your face, and you close your eyes enjoying the wisp of cool air brushing against your bare skin?

Or is it the relaxing sound of air conditioner that creates the cooling ambient, followed by the cooling mask that is sitting on top of your skin that lures you to an exotic journey of pamperland?

Metaphors aside, I just wanna recount the day or the last time I actually went to a facial - probably 5-6 years ago? Anyhow it was a looong time since I pampered myself to ANYTHING. Even manicure/pedicure isn't a normal pampering kind of acitivity for me - not even once a month. So why the sudden epiphany?

My skin, thankfully is not the type that breaks out, having scars or any other conditions that require monthly appointments. However, I just wanted to have facial because I was having a stressful week and my husband thinks I deserve it - so without dawdling my precious time, I scrolled through google and Instagram for clinics available near my place so I dont have to drive too far. Thankfully, Klinik Hana is the nearest and there's a reason why I chose it - it has the name "Klinik" in it, and its nearby so when there's the word "Klinik" I guess I know I'm in safe hands! Hahahaha.

I already have a treatment in mind, which is called White Doll treatment (so will it make me look like "barbie doll" white?" ) . So basically it doesn't make you "white as a snow" (given my skin tone is more towards being tan) - I just wanted to look fresh and rejuvenate because I always look like I have just woken up from sleep. Every. Single. Time. And my mom would always ask me "dah mandi ke belum?" eventhough I have bathed at that time. So while pampering, I got some benefits from it so why not?

Okay moving on - after I arrived (not even 5 mins I've reached there already) - the staff greeted me soo friendly. After taking picture of my embarassing makeup-free face, I proceeded to see the doctor. And helloo doctor - your skin is soo flawless yaa. #fangirling

The doctor - with a stern-looking face - asked every details of any medication I took, if I have any allergies, etc. So yeah even with aesthetic physician, please be honest and open about what type of medication you're consuming.  

Next - my favourite part - discussing my skincare routine. I listed all my skincare steps to the doctor in such a bravado tone but she didnt seem to be impressed even though I mentioned glycolic acid/azelaic acid. Oops..and she commented that my skincare routine is too much. Going to revamp my routine and reduce it to smaller steps, but will decide after my treatment. Teehee. 

So let me give you a brief run-down how this White Doll treatment is like. I'm not an expert, which means my explanations will have some limitations. If you'd like to know more, do visit their clinic directly and speak to the doctor yourselves.

1. Cleanser - very important to cleanse your skin before you proceeded to any treatment. I didn't wear makeup on that day but I put on sunscreen, so the cleanser will melt the sunscreen away. 

2. Scrub - I was skeptical of this at first given I'm not a big fan of physical exfoliants, but I don't feel theres any scrubby particles at all. Okay is it like a cleanser, but called scrub to make it sound cooler? Idk but I dont feel a thang! Probably just to double cleanse to make sure my face is rid off any dirts.

3. Steam - This is to open pores. At first I had to lay down with face facing the ceiling (but eyes are covered with a wet tissue of course). Then I was directed to lay to my right side, then left side to focus on pores on the specific areas missed. 

4. Chemical Peel - Honestly my fav part. I was skeptical at the word "peel", but it is just a mask used for exfoliation. I love acids, and I think people like to create fear-mongering about acids in the beauty industry. Acids in skincare are used as chemical exfoliant, which I think is much better and gentle than the abrasive physical exfoliants. What the estetichian did was, she first layered a vaseline on top of some parts of my face that are prone to sensitivity - cheekbones area, underye, and at the side of the nose - acting as a buffer so that I dont get much irritation from the acids. The acids consists of Glycolic, Citric, and Lactic acid - which are pretty potent? The mask was leave on fir 5-10 mins - it was suppose to feel tingling sensation, but honestly I felt fine. Alhamdulillah #strongskinbarrier

6. Cooling mask - My second fav. Idk what ingredient is in there, but it's so cooling after the mild tingle from the acids. Think of it like this - when you burnt something, you need to splash water to put out the fire. Acids can burn your face if you're not doing it cautiously, ie: using a high percentage, or without buffering it and not moisturizing it after. Everyone's skin is different - so, better to learn your skin and see what works or not. 

7. Serums - After washing off the cooling mask, the estetichian put a few drops of serums on my face. It felt so watery and lightweight, yet it felt like that "glazed doughnut" kinda glow. GET IT? #pleasetellmeyougetit

8. Suncreen - last but not least, most crucial, a paramount step especially if you're stepping out in a sun. I never leave home without sunscreen. Skin cancer is real, and apart from that, you can get melasma, increase signs of aging, wrinkles,etc if you don't incorporate this step into your everyday routine. I usually skip moisturizer and wear sunscreen right off the bat. 

After the treatment, the estetichian told me that it is normal if my skin experience any peeling - so if there's any dryness/peeling at that area, resolve it by applying moisturizer.

Alhamdulillah, I didnt experience any dryness nor peeling - is my skin barrier made up of iron? But my face felt glowing and fresh, honestly it looked like an ideal makeup base. Why didn't I think of doing any facial before my wedding? 

Anyway, Alhamdulillah,again, I love the treatment, and most importantly, loving the pampering session. With many strings of stressful occurence come flocking in this month itself, getting my face massaged and filling in with the good stuff does make a difference to my mental health. We need to eliminate as much stress as we can by doing things we love. I happened to love skincare and beauty more than designers handbag/clothing - therefore I am looking forward to more treatments and self-care sessions. Gonna browse more treatments available.  

Sending love and positivity to everyone <3

Comments

Popular Posts