Me time ft Kinokuniya Cafe

 

So I started my crime reading galore just this year actually - and I've found this new hobby of mine very satisfying and by reading - fiction or non-fiction wise - makes you learn new vocabs and I learnt a thing or two about criminals and the notorious crimes they committed. 

Recently, my hubby has to work on a weekend, so I was given permission to have some "me time" (not that I'm not allowed but he's just worried about me driving and being alone without him). We are attached to the hips so not having his company felt weird but I had (guiltily) the best "me time" ever. 

I straight went to my favourite store in the world - Kinokuniya!! It's a paradise of books in Malaysia and so aesthetically calming yet colourful at the same time. So I began my excursion from one section to another - starting from contemporary, romance, self-help, young adults and my most favourite - Mystery/Thriller section. And of course, I found my favourite author Harlan Coben at the usual spot and grabbed the book that I wanted. Since "The Stranger" is already streaming on Netflix, I wanted to read the book first and then watch the show because I find it more exciting that way.


Already started and now im in the 100th page


So I paid for my book and my jaunts didnt end there - my stomach is already making grumbling sounds so I headed to the cafe upstairs to have some scrumptious meal and read my book peacefully.


Prawn spaghetti ft my previous read

I ordered a salted-egg prawn spaghetti and a jasmine tea - and enjoyed my current read at that time in a very Instagram-worthy bookstore cafe. A peace and tranquil moment to savour the dark-horror genre of my book. It's true what they say - sometimes all you need is some alone time for yourself to energize - and I managed to reflect on myself while I'm alone too. 

After having my meal, I detoured once again in Kinokuniya and researched some other books I wanted to read next. So far I want something from Nicholas Sparks, Eva Gibson, Michael Connelly., this author and that author urghhh I cant even count! Ohhh, and I found another of my favourite author, James Patterson!!


It's kinda unfair why his books are located far behind, but I'm glad he overtook the entire shelf!

I tried to find Frightmares by Eva Gibson, but sadly they dont have it. 


FYI if youre looking for Eva Givson, then these are the location to the bookshelves


So my "me time" doesnt stop there. I decided that if I were to fully manifest and enjoy my free time, I should have at least get some dessert right? So i stopped by Salun Du Chocolat to have some pancakes. 

And of course, continue my reading while I'm in a cafe! Cafe hopping + book hunting = bliss + gratitude.


Oh no, a very lousy blurry photo. I'm actually shy when taking photos in public, hence the abysmal quality


Continue reading while I'm at it

After some window-shopping and burning (not so) much calories, I felt like having ice cream. Yeah I know, dont judge. Pasta + dessert + ice cream = Triple bliss. 


Roll ice cream weeeeee

And that's it for my " me time" ! Having your spouse working isn't so bad after all. hehehehe. Thanks Sayangggg for your support and understanding my hobbies and dreams! 

Looking forward to finish my book and watch the show - and more book huntings in Kinokuniya. 

XOXO














Comments

Popular Posts