Valuable Possession


For the past month, I've been occupied (and just started) to read books and that experience really hit me of how lucky I am to get new books to read. Not everyone in this world has a chance on getting first hand book, and that's totally okay. No matter how pitiful the book looks like, the content is the most important one. Same goes to elderly people, by the looks of it they seem old and wrinkly, but the wisdom they imparted on us is the most valuable intangible possession any human can think of.

So the list of books I read:

1. Men are From Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray

2. Unfiltered by Lily Collins (Book review on the way)

3. Harris Bin Potter and the Stoned Philosopher by Suffian Hakim (a parody on Harry Potter or What is it like if Harry Potter is born in Singapore or Malaysia)

So it doesn't matter what you're reading, and on which platform. It could be news, online website, newly bought books, old vintage books, the half torn recipes your grandma left.

Books could be expensive and I realized that, so just pick up whatever you have at home. Your parent's old books, their old collections of magazines, get your hands on it and observe how writers back then put their words and sensory details and try to be amazed by it, coz I am.

The books on number 2 and 3 is a gift from my fiance', and it made me appreciate more on whatever I'm reading.

I still haven't finish Harris Bin Potter, and it's different from your typical book. It's a parody from the Harry potter series and a hell lot fun to read till I found myself consumed by a giggle fit and my sister would ask me why am I laughing. I'm reading Harris Bin Potter lah. That got her rolling her eyes. I can't brain the fact that the writers could relate the characters into a more Malay version and he often quotes The budak who tak mati siol! to describe Harris's survival from Lord Oldermat. HEEEEE

More books to come, going to save up my money and buy more books. Wanna shopping but need to reduce my weight first.

I believe books are the most tangible possession along with intangible wisdom provided, knowledge, and subconsciously travel to another place and other reveries.

Keep reading. Keep improving.

“Read a thousand books, and your words will flow like a river.”― Lisa See 

Comments

Popular Posts