Of coffee and life

 

Conversation with my brain cells in the morning:

Me: Gosh..so sleepy

BC: Lets start the day with fruitful meditation, clear your mind and breathe

Me: Nah, Ill have some coffee or red bull. Then I'll pray for the chemical components in the caffeine to kick my sleepy hormones away

BC: -.-

Idk what it is about weather that makes it harder and harder every morning to stay awake. It seems like it is not only me  the people around me took a nap before their morning session in work starts. When I greeted them, they responded with hollow voice of "Morning Sasha" followed by a yawn. What a great way to feel upbeat to start the day -.-

Of course, I bought coffee  Wonda Original. It did the job of keeping me awake with the morning tasks that have a "rush hour" deadline  geez do people not know how to chill? 

I have never (read my lips) NEVER been a coffee drinker until I started working. I hated the smell and the taste of coffee  but ironically now that Im nearing 30, the nearing mid-life crisis hormones just lamented if I dont get a dose of americano or mocha in the morning.

Rude.

And my appetite has changed too. Usually in the mornings I would happily devour nasi lemak or some other local dishes but its getting tedious  so I switched to maggi. My office stocks lots of packets, and guess who is responsible for the dwindling amount -.-

Alhamdulillah, Allah always soothes the laments I'm feeling. Last night, my husband and I had a talk about our future ie; next step, plans, kids. I think its important for husbands and wives to constantly have this conversation  if its hard or you're swamped with important things during the day, at least allocate like once a week to just wind down with your spouse whilst jotting down the things that you both can improve as a couple. Trust me, you will love your husband more during this time, and vice versa.

And last night Trina(my ex-roomate AKA my long-time friend) called me - I was about to sleep but changed my mind and instead  we had a 45-minute conversation. Yesterday I uploaded an IG story with caption about Parliament having the possibility to be dissolved. She was shocked  And IM SHOCKED because she was MIA from IG for a few months, and she get updates on whats happening in the country from MY IG. Oops..should switch career to journalism then..Ameen. InsyaAllah who knows right?

Anyway it was a great catch-up with her. Fun fact: She used to be the one whos updated about politics and current issues and would share them with me during our studies. Ironically now, I worked in politics and she is a major careerwoman in the geoscience industry  so any information about the country's politics, I am the first person on her list to provide details! The reverse role made me dish again on how funny life works! 

Life is full of iffiness  sometimes places us in positions that we would NEVER dreamed of getting in. I swore back then that I hated politics and would bever get involved in anything related to it. There are still truth to that statement  but I did enjoy the experiences it has imparted me in these few years in this industry, and granted me knowledge about things I never bother to fathom back then. 

Lilfe is funny, full of surprises, and a roller coaster ride. But I am grateful for every bit and pieces of experience that I was able to brace through  the good and the bad, the blessings and the gratitous moments, from small to extreme courageous moments (ok la exaggerate) - are all the things I could confidently say "Gosh, I cant believe I made it!"


Comments

Popular Posts