Being a bird - my choice of superpower

 

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like in the eyes of a bird?

Sure, a bird had its own struggles it needs to be put forth. Flying is great, but pretty soon your wings will get tired and numb - and you will spiral down towards the ground that Earth has to offer. If you're lucky, you will land on branches that are shielded from the sun and as a buffer zone from any predator attacks - so you can lay eggs and keep your babies nice and warm. Of ir you have broken a wing - you might be lucky enough to land on someone's porch, where they will take you in, try sing you a song and put you on a test if you could emulate them back. 

If you're not lucky enough, however - you might land on a dumpster - stuck in between those wastes, and its too late before someone picked up the dumpster before you managed to escape and thrown you somewhere else. Or you land on a road, not realizing a car coming towards you (did that, guilty) and before you know it, your life was over after a hit and run. I hit a bird once because it suddenly decided to fly downwards with immense speed and no chance for me to avoid if. Because youre a bird, nobody will care to rescucitate you or bring you to an emergency vet hospital. You're probably just as big as someone's palm that youre just gonna be put aside on the curb instead of having a proper burial. Or you landed on a random street where cats are searching for dinner. I've witnessed that before. Nottt a pretty picture at all. 

You might land on dumpster or a shelter with 5 star treatments. This analogy of a bird cultivates a sense of independence in us - we are responsible on how we navigate our life and where we choose to land on. Stop awhile when youre tired, sort things out at your own terms even if you landed on the wrong place. But be smart and wise enough not to land on it again if the experience was repugnant. Yes we make mistakes, but don't plummet into the same hole over and over again.

When we go to any seminar, or like a trainee programme - we are often asked things like if you had superpower, what kind of powers would you want to possess?

I thought long and hard about this. Who doesn't want superpowers? Who doesn't want to be sue storm - one second she's in front of you and another second shes out of sight. Or dash from the incredibles? He's super fast, and if I can attain that power, I can probably rob banks and dashed off from the police. HAHA just kidding. 

Or some superhuman ability? Like Thanos, Captain America, Wonder Woman - who can withstand pain better than regular humans and have natural combat ability to incapacitate and decimate villains?

Or Aquaman? Oh I love the water, I love the ocean. Must be nice to dive down in the inky blue waters and talked to the creatures down there? And bam..with your superhuman abilities, you can jump out of the waters like dolphins *cues part of your world sountrack*. 

Or choose to be a regular human being who feels pain and torment but a savant and has ability to create things mimicking another superhuman? Ironman - has a suit that can fly and shoot out weapons to disarm the enemies. A DC version of ironman would be batman, and both are billionaires. You may be a regular human being but you're wealthy, genius, and powerful. You dont need natural ability to fly off somewhere. You can create a suit that works like one. (To be fair batman's suit can't fly, but its still cool okay?)

As for me personally, I choose to have a natural ability to fly. I'm always fascinated by eagles - with those peircing eyes and just glide through the air fearlessly, and when they land, they can hurt an enemy by their claws or just grip them with their beak and take 'em up. They are the queen and kings of the sky tbh, and just so magnificent and beautiful. I won't say eagle is my spirit animal (my husband thinks I'm more of a panda - cute, chubby and loves to munch) but I'd love to have a taste of what flying is like. I love airplane rides, but they're expensive. So if I get to fly, I'd go anywhere and everywhere in the world. When you're up there, its amazing how different the world down there when you're thousands of feet up in the air. I get to witness the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, seeing all sorts of creature down there, watch a shooting star, go to Norway to sightseeing the Aurora Borealis, I get to probably save a person from a robbery, I could save the day, I could commit a crime and no one would know haha. Of course I would not commit a crime, I'm more of "saving the day" mindset but still not into avengers. I hate sci-fi movies, which is why I'm so into newer genre of superheroes like "joker" and "the batman" because its more of a thriller rather than watching an "always angry" doctor who can turn green and smash the buildings. #stillcantfathom #sorryhulk 

To encapsulate, flying is such a liberating feeling if we get to do it LITERALLY. But I wonder, if all humans can fly, we need to create a traffic light and RnR in a sky so everyone can take a quick dump before resuming their destination. But where would the pipes connect in the sky? Where will all the things go after we flushed?

Okay. Moments over. I just ruined my reveries of exploring the beautiful overcast sky that is unfortunately tainted by a group of flying civilians queuing up from thousands of feet rnr toilet and wondering the direction of our stool goes if we..Nevermind. Kay Byeee


XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts