Back Again

 

Gosh I have left blogging for quite awhile huh?

This month kicked-start pretty roughly for me - I had strings of illness coming in - wisdom tooth pain, gastric, high fever, and now, congested nose. 

As you are nearing thirties, your body doesnt fight infections as effectively as they used to. During my early twenties, I felt like I can take over the world. Now in my late twenties, I think I have morphed into a new creature: slugs. Let me paint you a picture of how late twenties is like:

1. Your weekend doesnt revolve going to the malls as much as youre used to. Told my husband I wanted to go KLCC lah, Mid valley lah, wanted to dress up and take nice OOTD's. End up spending the day lying down on my bed watching Big Bang Theory.

2. You don't play with your niece when youre with her. You just switched on the television and let her do her things while you lie down and wonder how you're parenting skills would be after you got your own child. Till then, I'll just lie down and sing along "The Wheels on the Bus" while shouting to your niece not to put leggos in her mouth. 

3. You're tired all the time.

4. You will have all sorts of pain - leg pain, back pain, knee pain, all kinds of pain that you never heard before.

5. You started to go out with your friends with them bringing their kids along and you wonder when will you have one of our own?

6. You're not as energetic as you used to be. Westlife concert? Ahhh cool..how to book the tickets? Oh wait do we have to stand the whole time? What if we wanna pee? Basically all those whispers in your head that you ended up not buying the tickets because the utmost priority is YOURSELF now. 

So yeah..there you go. Being sick for few weeks (I had few mc's this month) does take a toll on your mental health. Definitely this month hits me the hardest and I had an epiphany - health is the most valuavle gift God has given you and you have a responsibility to take care of it. Alhamdulillah I have recovered from all the agonizing tooth pain that has been botherung me since the beginning of this month - but I will need to do a surgery to remove my wisdom tooth so that the pain doesnt recur again. 

Alhamdulillah..will always express my gratitutde even in pain. It made me realize also that I only prayed the hardest when predicaments hit me, and theres a wisdom behind all the plights I went through this month. Allah wants us CLOSER to him, and when he tests you, its because He Loves you. Praying everyone I love is in good health always, and first and foremost, we must take care of our health in order to take care of others too. 

GE15 is coming in a few weeks time. While all the politicians dragging the voters down in their political crucade, lets remember that those bottom of the food chain will remain vulnerable and the rich will get richer. But still..vote. Make a change. Even the change isnt what you fully want, it might have an affect on a policy that can make a difference. EVERY. VOTE. COUNTS. 

Thats it. My writing is rusty, but I felt like I need to vent. Thanks for listening (imaginatively). 

Lovesss xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts