Crime book fetish

 

I have to admit I don't always find a crime book lingering in my book shelf, probably because I haven't found the author that resonates with my taste. I read one book, and it only stops halfway because theres was too many character soup and I often get confused by who's who and what is what, transported into a different place then bam back to the beginning again. That made me gave up and not bothering to continue because the story was pretty blant as well. Even in halfway you still have no clue of whats happening. I hate dragging stories, character soup and stagnant storyline. It bore the hell out of me.

However I do love James Patterson, Harlan Coben. Are they besties? Because their books are almost if not similarly written, straight to the point, not much character soup, and the suspense makes you curious the more you dive deep into it. I'm positive they're besties. Okay now im curious. Will google it later. 

Those books made me fantasized of being in a crime scene, where theres decapitated heads, bloods sparwling on the floor - not the scene anyone wants to be in but if family demands justice, detective Sasha will risk her life finding out the clues and whos. Detective Sasha will be ready with her infrared goggles - whatever you call them, with flashlight over her forehead, commando drawling on the grass, pulling out her gun from the holster, ready to break into the suspect's house. And then suddenly theres a bomb ticking in the house and you have to think at the back of your mind fast the nearest and safest escape route. And suddenly bamm youre thrown out your window, glass shattering over and slliced your skin till blood splashes out. But you're safe, just a little injury here and there and require some medical attention. And then the killer gets away, you get on your feet and wobble running towards him/her and pointing your gun at them. Probably shoot their leg to disable their movement, if youre sharp enough from your training in Quantico.  

Okay I should stop babbling about my imaginations of being a detective sleuthing at a crime scene reveries. I bought 7 crime books and 1 horror book, each costs RM15 - popular is getting rid of some books to clear their stock, so I dont always get this price, so why not right? How dope is that..buying all the discounted books available. 

Currently I'm at James Patterson's Criss Cross - An Alex Cross Thriller. I guess all of his books or most of them are a series of events surrounding a man named Alex Cross's life. But I had to admit, when you read too much crime stories, and watch a lot of crime drama, you can sort of guess who is the real psycopath - kinda destroy the whole surprise but there are still authors who managed to surprise me in the end.



I guess I'm a huge fan of this Alex Cross character

Well thats about it. To more books to come. Need to get a book shelf soon~




Comments

Popular Posts