Crime ramblings from a not so aficionado


Crime. What is it?

A small offense? A big offense? Sinners who cant control their malevolent desires and decided to commit their unorthodox intentions - to something or someone? 

An accident that causes disastrous outcome and you're thrown into a penitentiary for your ineptitude?

A lad or a missy having salacious desires for underage Gen Z's??

A road-rage that turned into violent and messy deaths. 

Okay..you get the point from my endless babbling..

Offenders don't necessarily belong to the adult category. According to WHO's website, an estimated 200 000 homicides occur among youth 10–29 years of age each year, making it the fourth leading cause of death for people in this age group.

So you can imagine there are children out there who actually commit MURDER! That day I just heard a news about a former celebrity who killed his own mother. And a teenage girl killed her dad because he can't accept her boyfriend. 

And most of this sociopath (maybe not all are, I am still learning despite my busy schedule - so apologies of my skewed judgement) don't feel remorse at all. 

There are husbands out there who beats up his wife and still post Instagram stories about positivity.

There are 15-year-olds who rape their teachers. 

There are nannies out there who raped their boss's 11 year old son and had his child. 

There are nannies out there who beat up 2 year old children because they can't stand them. Some don't make it alive. 

Please note that I'm being specific because these event actually happened - your child, your family might be in peril under the guidance of strangers. So beware of which child agency or au pair you hired. There's also murder investigations going on in old folk's home. 

This thought made me shudder and a twinge of fear gnawed inside of me. I want to have a child one day, and though our parents are getting older, we still rely on them - coz they're the only person we could trust. 

And the news about Tangmo's death shook the world - Malaysia especially since we're neighboring countries. Here's a quote from Martin Sheen in Wall Street:

"He's using you kid. He's got a prick in his back pocket yet you're too blind to see it"

And that really hit me.

I thought at my current workplace, people just care about their work and nothing else. Turns out I was wrong. According to a source (which I don't fully trust); I was having fun, complained about my job which I disagree (they took my words out of context), my KPI is plunging downwards, I went back early (going back on time here is considered going back early), I made alot of mistakes (which many of them I was unaware of until my colleague told me in the storage room which made me break down and cry - exhibit A-she only told me this after I apparently "troubled" her work. Why not tell me all this BEFORE I cause her very own "trouble" right?). Whatever, this will be a story for another day.

Tangmo's unfortunate fate was a resounding example of how even the closest to you are the ones plotting your demise. She gave so much, but her ending was beyond what cruelty can be construed. The ones killing her are definitely devils masked in human form. No words could comprehend the description for these type of psychopaths. 

Which is why Martin Sheen's line stuck with me. That betrayal towards Tangmo. 

Here I already listed subtle crimes (example being subtle harassment directed towards you - they may look like constructive criticism so be careful of how you construed it) to the most inexplicable, violent and unforgivable one.

But what drew me to the world of crime and understanding the minds of unscrupulous criminals is the challenge of it. Based on the crime movies and shows I watched, it's challenging, fast-paced, screws up your mind, insane plot twists, and well..the satisfaction of the hero/heroin solving a mystery. That's my cup of tea as opposed to my husband who prefers to watch romance shows. 

Starting last year, I developed interest in anything crime - but mostly I'm more lean towards a fiction novel, teen-crime dramas and psychological horrors; preferably stories from the young adults point of view because 1) It's fun to see when a teen is thrown into a situation where they have no clue of what to do 2) You can learn a lot from circumstances that forces you to think when you're in a precarious situation - not many people knew what they are capable of when they are forced to be strong.

Sometimes these movies could serve as a life hack if and only if we are thrown into  unfavorable circumstances.

Plus it's just kind of cool and gets your adrenaline pumping when the main characters are FBI or CIA assassins that are mysterious and kept as an underground government secret trying to remain in hiding and secretly being a vigilante despite being chased by all the agencies.

The palpable strength, fearlessness and perseverence are the traits that I admire most of these characters - probably it's the kind of traits that are absent within me and usually people are prone to be attracted to something that's opposite of their innate character right? #nervouslaughter

Jokes aside, I just enjoy the excitement these crime shows and fantasies gave me. But in real life, the news of people being decapitated and stories about Jeffry Dahmer and Ted Bundy just sent a wave of depression in me. How cruel, gruesome and macabre it is to get turned on by cutting body parts and perform necrophilia acts on it.  Why would..nevermind. 
I know I won't like the answer. Last year I watched the Slasher series on netflix - and I couldn't eat properly in a week without thinking of the gory scenes.

If I could turn back time and pick another course in uni other than a Geoscience major that I have left for 6 years, I'd choose criminal psychology. Interviewing a criminal in their cell while they are handcuffed or in shackles sounds compelling - but from some of the interview I've watched, its not really just about the interview. It's a psychological tactic to make the criminals admit their wrongdoings, and it is so mind-blowing watching these criminologist in action. 

Why am I babbling about crime and these horrible stuff?

Well, the interest started off from a Harlan Coben novel.  I was in a bookstore because after God knows how many years, I figured I could use some quality hobby to fill my boring past time. After Harlan Coben, I started on James Patterson. I was hooked by crime cases, then I started watching crime series, and figured out this is what I actually had an interest in. Could i go back to college and take a different degree? probably. But as of now, I'll just enjoy my books and my overflowing unread books at the shelf, waiting to be divulged into. And I'm utterly grateful for the existence of youtube that provides free podcast that we can listen to. So much to learn, so much we can earn.

And that's it. I hope my ramblings doesn't bore anyone who came across this blog (if there is, other than my husband obviously) and I'm genuinely interested about other people's predilection? What's that one thing that really motivates you to do what you do, past-time or full time? What do you do to pursue that interest?

Love,
Sasha

Comments

Popular Posts