Recapping my 2022 with some awesome moments

 

Good evening everyone~

How yall doing on the eve of new year??

Probably some of you are going to the mall to catch up with some of the end year sales - or some of you have some party to attend tonight with some friends. Me? Just chillin' with my family by catching up with some readings and ice cream. My mom offered her credit card and said "buy anything you want!" andddd I went a lil overboard with it. Sorry mummy hehehhehe.

Lets recap some of my highlights in 2022:

  • Went back to office after a year ++ working from home
  • Had my wedding receptions this year
  • Moved out of my rental house to my parent's house
  • Discovered my love for anything crime/horror and started my reading journey into crime fictions
  • Created an Instagram page to review books (check out @tangiblepages on Instagram hehe)
  • Resigned from my job and moving on to a new job on January 2023 InsyaAllah
  • Voted for the first time
  • Fell sick numerous times 
  • Went to my hub's company's family day for the first time

It felt like as if it was just yesterday when Covid-19 became prevalent all over the world (it still is - the outbreak made its comeback in China) and now with masks mandate off, and 2023 will be starting in...hours away - I cant believe I will be in my last year of 20's. To say that I feel old is abit too mainstream - I have felt old since I was 27. Your body changes, your mentality changes, and your responsibility completely changes too (if you're married and have kids - friends, idk how you do it).

Nevertheless (been using this word ever since my hubby's obsession with this Korean drama), I'm so grateful for it all. The good and the bad, the whirlwinds of my marriage, the predicaments at work that subsequently led me to resigned - I cant believe - I faced all that!

2023 will be a year I'm starting my new job, hence more things to learn and I cant promise things will be okay. But insyaAllah I will gather more experiences as much as I could and be the best worker that I can. Alhamdulillah for my family especially to my supportive husband who still caress my hair until I slept. Even when he's sick, he always made sure I slept soundly. Heee thank you sayangggg.

And I wanted to post some pictures from the company's family day in Lexis Hibiscus PD.

OMG. I was soooo mesmerized by the hotel. Our room was luxurious and huggeee, and we had a private pool!! 

Photos from day 1:


Two beds..so one bed was used to "scatter" pur things around


Le pool


The view of the ocean beneath the chalet


Jumped in the pool the first chance we got!


Off to dinner!




Cant leave Vivy Yusof behind hehehe

 And of course - my crime reads!


It says casuak night but everyone dressed to the elevens except for me and hubs hahaha


Gobbled up all the buffet food...


And thats the end of day 1. We had more activities on day 2 - starting with sukaneka (a mini sports event for parents and kids to participate). I didnt join coz too shy hehehe but my hubs joined the gunny sack race - or for you Malays, its called acara lari dalam guni.


Day 2 outfit

Morning view


A mini warm up before participants start their games!

Had so much fun playing with this lil cutie Auliya


Won second place for Gunny Sack!

Had some fun time in the pool after sukaneka

Did a bit of reading by the pool

View from our room

Watched Annabelle because the TV was hugee and we didnt wanna waste it

Outfit for dinner. Simple blouse with a white pants and tudung to match


Didnt expect hubs dapat rezeki to win anything - alas we got a 50 inch TV!!

All smiles for the lucky draw gift. Thank you SCS

And thats the end of day 2. It was a blast! It was sweltering hot during the sukaneka - and I braved under the scorching hot sun to capture a video of my husband running in the gunny sack while kicking the ball hahaha. It was funny especially when they were struggling to make it to the finish line.

Day 3 was just packing and headed home after lunch.




And that was the end of my 2022 vacation. Was sunburned but all smiles still. To more vacations in 2023 yeah sayang?? #bodek

One thing I learnt is the importance to appreciate those around you. Som e of my hub's friends that I have never met before, and I'm glad to know some of them. So without realizing, we made new friends along the way. I was very very shy, but everyone made the staff's spouse feel welcomed masyaAllah. I didnt wanna go back huhuhu but we will have more family days in years to come InsyaAllah.

With that, I would like to conclude my 2022 blog. May Allah bless us all and may we find our niche and interests to keep our 2023 more interesting! I have found my niche in reading - whats yours? Thats up to YOU to find out.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!



















Comments

Popular Posts