2023 – what a year

 

2023 passed by pretty quick. I wanted to list all the good things that happen, the predicaments, and all the ups and downs. But 2023 was a horrific year for those who are experiencing the displacement from their homes, witnessing their children, parents and loved ones killed mercilessly, and their homes in rumbles. Let’s take a moment to mourn for the oppressed.

There’s no words to describe this dehumanization. Not only that, it irks me to see how fellow Malaysians are actually a genocide supporter. Deranged people support deranged leaders, of course.

There are certain issues that requires a degree of our voices in order for us to act accordingly. And for Palestine, it should be the loudest because it is the worst genocide in history. It has been going on since 1948, but all people could think was Hamas because they are allergic to groups who wear turbans. We grew up being taught they are the terrorists – but the real terrorist are those in dapper suits, slicked back hair and forcing a smile showing their whitened teeth in front of the whole world.

Stop stereotyping Muslims as terrorist. Stop thinking if we hid a bomb underneath our scarves. Stop thinking that this apartheid is a religion issue.

But of course, let God deal with these people.

Israel is the definition who got bullied, and get back stronger to bully others.

Anyways..Alhamdulillah, my new job is a bliss. After years of being in toxic workplace, I finally landed in a place where it is engulfed in healthy environment and less drama. Though I had to get up early to catch the train – it was worth of my 8 hour shift.

Other than that, I also passed my translation exam and officially a certified translator! YEAYYY. Thinking of applying a part time job #needmoremoney or if anyone wants me to translate a document, just HMU yeahh???

Going into my three-series in 2024 #gulps and my resolution is to SLOWLY (remember this key word) morphing into a healthier lifestyle coz my metabolism is slower than a snail and I want to look smashin’ while I’m still a spring chicken. But idk..sleeping in on weekend mornings sounds more tempting than a hike to Bukit Dinding #iknowmyhusbandthinksthesametoo.

And I sincerely hope everyone is leaning towards a healthier side, keep on saving money, and doing their best in life. I know it’s easy for us to succumb to our depression and complain how miserable our situations are, let’s slowly change that for the sake of our inner peace.

Palestinians also changed the way I see things. It impacted my mental health, it made me more grateful of what I have, and stronger faith as I see how strong they hold on to the faith they had. Their resilience is something I’ve never seen before.  If we could all impart half of their strength, then we are able to overcome our plights.

My plans for 2024 isn’t much, but I would really want to increase the number of books to read. I’ve been on a reading slump for a few months, but I’m SLOWLY getting back again (I’m also a certified sloth evident by the number of times I used this word already) and I had so many TBR list and if I have more money I’d get them all. Note: I judge a book by its cover. The more it is curated horror style ie:flickering lights, a figure in the distance and narrowed hallway with a single door at the end – count me in. I’m a sucker for horror/crime tropes, and a delectable cover makes it even more riveting.

Happy New year! May we manifest all the good things in life, rid of the bad habits and in turn become a better human being. Ameen!

Comments

Popular Posts