Second anniversary

 

Assalamualaikum and hellooo to my fellow readers (if anyone's reading this) #facepalmembarassingmyself

The title already speak for itself - I'm gonna blog about my second anniversary. Nothing fancy, but I did manage to drag my husband out of his comfort zone. Here's the catch - both of us are the stay home types. After work or on the weekends, he'd rather kill his time by playing mobile games, while me reading my books or watching beauty tutorials on Youtube. We would go to nearest mall every now and then, but then got tired after we get home #gettingoldisnojoke. We sounded like an unhealthy couple, I gained probably like 10 kilos after marriage. My husband well, still the same. And I jelly of his thin body.

So anyways, we went tooo...


THE SALOMA BRIDGE!!! YEAYYY!!!

#cricketsound

While other people spent their anniversaries going to luxurious places, hotels with scrumptious and succulent appetizers, my husband and I ate authentic Korean food , and went to Saloma bridge after. 

I didn't expect anything much, since Korean food was one of our typical weekend devours. But my husband tried incessantly to convince me that it is AUTHENTIC, so not the same than the ones we usually ate. I rolled my eyes and mouthed yeah whatever, he trust his foodie friends instead of his overly foody wife. But we managed to reach a consensus - go to this dinner, and we will go to Saloma bridge after (which he dreaded for months despite of my plaguing begs). He was like Sayang, its just a bridge. And I snapped back Its not just a bridge, it has lights and everything! #boringhusband

So yeah, at that time we are the loser couple who never went to Saloma bridge yet. #boringcouple

And so we went to B Station located in Ampang. The Cafe was typical - aesthetic set up, calming ambience, and decorations that could be destroyed if we made contact with it. I kinda like it, and think this is a good start of our anniversary night.


We ordered:

1. Beef bulgogi - includes rice, mini pot of cold noodles, macaroni, kimchi

2. Kimchi jigae (kimchi soup)

3. Seafood pancake (the one looks like omelette)

4. Melon soda drink


loving the aesthetic environment. and my view




Among all, my absolute fav has to be the seafood pancake, the cold noodles (eat with some kimchi and beef bulgogi) and the melon juice. I was skeptical at first on how the seafood pancake will taste like, as it just looks like a regular omelette with some prawns infused in it. But as soon as I took a bite - I felt like I was on cloud 9. I can't describe it properly, but the simple looking dish was one of the best thing I've ever tasted in my 29 years of life. You can just eat it as it is, or dip in the ketchup sauce (which makes it even more delish). 100% recommended.


Seafood pancake, with its very own special ketchup sauce (I think)

In retrospect, the food for this year's anniversary is 200% better than the last year (if you haven't read it, read it here). But I just realized I didn't have much photos of food for this year - we were too hungry, so we just snapped without much thought on how it looked like, or the angle and flatlays like how I see my friends on social media do. But I swear, authentic Korean food is just better than the street or fast Korean food. Not as expensive, and worth every ringgit. 

Then, we proceeded to Saloma bridge. We had to park near the graveside (which was reallly expensive, I think RM12 and we were there for half an hour), and need to walked further a little bit before reaching the top. 

When you reached there, there were independent photographers EVERYWHERE! Which, I really recommended, because the lighting at the bridge was dark, and they had like lights connected to their phones to get a better picture. Quite expensive too, RM5 just to airdrop ONE photo. Reluctantly we agreed, but ended up paying RM80 for 32 photos. But the pictures turned up good, with breathtaking view of KLCC and the night life in KL. 









We felt like a newly wed couple, as the photographer kept shouting instructions for us to pose and us gallivanting around like its our venue! Haha. 

All in all, it was a simple and romantic date night for us. Alhamdulillah. 

Dear Sayang,

We may be a boring couple, 

All we do is lay side by side with each other and cuddle,

Not so adventurous to travel here and there,

But your love is one of a kind and rare.


You and your video games, me and my book,

Sometimes I'm too lazy to cook,

But thank you for loving me in your own ways,

You really brighten up my days.


Needless to say, its been a whirlwind of 2 years being a twosome. I can't imagine my life spending with someone else. Yesterday, he received letter for his salary increase. He cried and thanked me, which made me question him - he did all of the hard work. The endless OT, the hair-pulling-head-scratching in the middle of night, its all worth it! 

"No, ni rezeki kita. Ni semua sebab doa sayang." Awwww...yes I did pray, so more money for me tooo hehehehe #sadisticlaugh #pauduitsuami

So yes everytime he received his salary, he would say rezeki kita (Our rizq). He includes me in every way possible. Alhamdulillah. 

To more years and anniversaries together!!!

XOXO















Comments

Popular Posts