After a longgg hiatus...

 

Good (evening slash night) everyone~

It's abit highfalutin to say I enjoyed my current job no??

Yes yes CNY holidays are finally here and I'm back for a (short) break before I continue with my busy schedules next week. I'm gonna enjoy every moment of bliss because nowadays I barely have any inspiration to write. Not even right now. But I'll write, anyway. 

Well how do you start off after weeks not updating? Do you start with a victory introduction? Or do you jump straight into the sea of miseries before delivering the good news at the end?

Remind me how this works again?? SMH

Okay I'll start with the latter because Kim Bum's character from BOF once said "Because a sweet girl like you loves a happy ending." Cheesy, but it's true.

First day of my new job turns out me being an emotional wreck at the end of the day. Yes, I'm new to this. So taking notes and while trying to absorb new information my colleagues taught me while talking a mile a minute like a rapper doesn't help to soothe my worries at all. Brain drain level 100, passion dropped to zero. 

Its an incredibly fast-paced environment, therefore its vital to learn things quickly and be familiar with certain things in a snap of a finger. Everyday is a new day, new challenges, nothing is the same. Adapting is also a skill that is imperative to inculcate - something that is absent in my DNA, naturally. Things are always urgent, so you have to learn while multitask and keep abreast with your colleagues because they might need your help to do so and so and their busyness will not help you. 

The first week encapsulated with a lot of tears, anger, regret of leaving my previous job which has more flexibility, mentally exhausted and looking haggard at the end of the day. No makeup, looking disheveled and my headscarf disarray. I am a complete mess at the first few days especially. There are times where I think I'm not be able to cope with the pressure. 

But now I'm at my third week, and Alhamdulillah - Praise to the Lord, I am able to slowly understand the job I'm doing. Am I passionate about it? Probably not. But there are some things that made me motivated. 

Since my workplace and my hub's workplace is nearby, he sends and picks me up from work everyday. So when I feel shitty at work, I knew that the love of my life will pick me up by the end of the day and I will salam him(an act of taking his offered hand and kiss it) and he would still kiss my head even though I look completely haggard and disheveled. Thanks Sayang heeee.

So yeah, to you readers out there facing challenges at workplace - I'm here to remind that you are not alone in this journey. Be proud of yourself that you have the courage to be in a place completely out of your comfort zone. Be grateful you have a job. And dont give up - unless you really cant cope and have something else in mind, or face a situation that forces you to leave - then LEAVE.

The challenges we bear is a reminder to always be close to Him and pray. Although I have a strong faith, but I have to admit I'm lacking alot of things. So everytime I cry, I smiled too because I know its a test from Him. 

Let's keep climbing the ladder even though there are uncertainties and chances to fall. Get back up and continue to climb anyway. You dont have to make any ground-breaking discovery to "make it." Your journey and everyone else's is different. Your priorities is different. So do what works for you.

Thats about it! Goshh felt so good to spew my thoughts through this keyboard. Its therapeutic, and my negative emotions dwindled. Maybe I should start journaling coz everyone since to promote that to de-stress. hahaha.

Till next post <3!!

Comments

Popular Posts