Confession of an unshopaholic


The title is nothing but diverting from its truth..

I LOVE SHOPPING!!

But oh gosh all the things I desire is so expensive nowadays, and I still need to save some money for my wedding next year. 

But I love it, coz u know why? I've never wanted to save money before, and now I have a reason to do so.

Before this, it's all just about me, my own needs, and I can just grab anything I want without second thoughts. But as of now, I'm going to build my own family soon, this is the first time I ever think about finances, how much should I spend for my wedding, renting a house, emergency situations, and of course if there's a rezeki for me and my partner if we were to have a baby. Oh gosh these thoughts are like whirlwind sometimes but at the same time, I'm excited for what life is gonna bring me next. 

I know I'm late to the bandwagon, some of my friends already have to kids, some have planned their finances since young, some have double jobs, earning 5k per month, along with their side businesses. My financial situation is wayyyy further behind. But I am learning slowly, and I changed a lot than how I was 5 years ago.

I became more responsible on how I spent my money. I only buy things I need, but at the same time I do splurge once in a while to treat and celebrate my achievements. Nothing wrong with that, it motivates me even more to save money and reward myself when needed. 

Growing up, I have to admit I am a lil privileged. Not categorized as rich or T20 whatever, but my parents don't mind getting me anything I want, even though I didn't ask for it. Heck I'm not even interested in expensive clothing, but my mom used to control whatever I wear and she would buy me clothes. Alhamdulillah I got more freedom as I grow up, but I do learn a lot from her. 

I guess everyone has their own rezeki at their own pace. So we shouldn't judge one another. Whatever their rezeki is, uplift them and let it motivate us so we could become a better individual. Privileged or not, we should always be aware of our spending. Depends on our financial status, if u can buy an expensive handbag, go for it. As long you have some backup and planning going on. 

If you are getting married, plan and talk with your partner. Financial expenses during marriage, after marriage, so you will get an idea on how you are going to get through it together. Have a bank separate bank account just for emergency situations, it will save your life too.

I don't really have any pro tips, I am no expert, just someone who is excited to learn more about life. Please pray for me, and in turn I will for you too.

<3

Comments

Popular Posts