Fresh Roses: Crystal Skin By Yasmin

 

It is definitely not Sasha when she started doing beauty or skincare reviews. But here I am! I am actually excited because my bestie, whom I grew up with since school, to college, to being married, actually launched her first ever body scrub, body butter and salt soak with rose oils as the main ingredients. Lets take a glance at this beautiful creation:

 


Before I dive in further into the review, let me remind you that she made this herself. Yeap! You got that right. She actually formulated this herself, bought the ingredients firsthand, and utilized her super pharmaceutical knowledge mixing everything together, and in the end you got this beautiful, gentle formula. Not only do they smell good, but they are also organic, gentle towards the skin, and leaves a moisture finish without making your skin greasy.

 The products came in together with a pretty neon bag, and I asked her why come in a bag? Reason is to make it travel-friendly, so you can just pop this into your tote bag, and good to go. If you're working in a dry air-conditioned environment, you can at least apply some body butter to add some moisture in your skin, or if you're really bored and have no pending assignments, you can scrub some part of your hands and it feels soft and amazing after. 

Here I include some detailed pics

 

Product No.1:



Here is the majestic Rose salt soak. Not only it looks pretty, but salt soak has a lot of benefits too, which includes:

1. Relief body aches

2. Improves circulation

3. Apparently, good for the skin as well

I've never tried any type of salt soak my whole life, because body care and me never go hand in hand because of my eczema. However I decided to give this a try as I have dry and peeling skin at my foot area, and I'm sure this routine can help getting rid of some dead skin cells. I rarely go to manicure and pedicure especially, so this salt soak is very convenient to give it a spa feeling while at home.

 

Ways to use it:

1. Prepare a bowl and some hot water

2. Pour some hot water and mixing with some cold water in the bowl so you won't feel too hot soaking your feet in

3. Sprinkle (in a salt bae way) some of the rose salts in the water until you're satisfied.

4. Sink your feet in the bowl filled with salt soaked water and enjoy your home spa!

I did this while relaxing, reading my novel, or even working from home. And I must say, I never thought having a spa at home could be really relaxing and detoxing my mind from negativity. This is especially beneficial for the older people, as they suffer from arthritis, back pain, leg pain. So to all the kids, treat yo mamas once in a while, have a mother daughter, sister-sister, or even husband and wife time. You get to improve your relationship while skin is getting all the benefits!


Product No.2-Rose Body Scrub

 


Meanwhile, this is my second favourite product from this body care range. Seriously speaking, I am really, really sensitive to any kind of body scrubs because of their harsh beads + ingredients that I'm sensitive to. So body scrubs, or any kind of exfoliation is a big NO-NO for me. I will get easily irritated and spend my time scratching and have some allergic reactions.

I was skeptical to try this product at first. But I really trusted Faz since she’s a pharmacist, she understands those who are sensitive to certain chemicals. But as soon as I received the product, I tried it on my hands and were really surprised it didn't hurt my skin! The body scrub is packed with Rose flower oil to soothe and hydrate the skin, along with Vitamin E, which have healing and moisturizing benefits and also whipped sugar which helps to remove outer dead skin cells. This is how it looks like on my skin:

Steps:

1. Wash some parts of the body you want to scrub

2. Rub it with a towel but not completely dry. Semi dry is the best. 

3. Scrub your skin in circular motions, and leave tt for a few minutes before washing it off

4. BAM! You feel like you had baby skin



Verdict:

Doesn’t feel drying at all with rose flower oil in the formula. Its homemade, organic with a little fragrance in it (but natural okay not artificial!). My skin feels really smooth after and gives a hint of shine like im wearing body glitter, but I'm not.  And the best part, is friendly to my dry eczema skin. 

 Okay next is the last and my most most favourite of all three.. is the *drumrolls*

 

ROSE BODY BUTTER.


My ultimate favourite and those who know me, also aware that I have eczema, sensitive skin and some cracked scars all over my body. Of course no one can see it since I'm covered up, but it is pretty bad and itching and scratching like a monkey is my daily routine. So while there's no cure for eczema, it can be managed through a day-to-day moisturizing routine which I am too lazy to adhere to. But I do put on soothing cream before I go to bed so my sleep won't be distracted by the urge to scratch all the time and constant supplies of my antihistamine medications. 

 All those aside, it is really difficult for me to use any other products that some scent in it because the moment I apply it to my skin, it BURNS. I will get red, and need my antihistamine medicine to reduce my allergic reaction. Even Body Shop or any other organic brand made my skin feel like burning so I never really buy any of those bodycare ranges and only stick to cetaphil, and other gentle products. It really baffles me that I can't find the right body cream that has some fragrance in it yet gentle on my skin.  

 Here are the ingredients:

1. Organic butters

2. Vitamin E

3. Nature essential oils

 


Verdict:

It felt so goood and so soothing and so surprised that I found a body butter that does justice to my eczema-prone skin and I love the smell. Not too strong, not too mild either.  The texture is a little bit thick but as soon as you apply it on your skin, it softens and feels lightweight. It smells like roses as it is filled with rose oils, and rose oils are great to soothe any sensitive skin.

I was so happy after trying this, especially when it is homemade by my best friend and now I know where to get an endless supply of body butter without having to search online. 

Here’s a little tip: You can put it in the refrigerator and when you want to wear it, take it out and you will get even more soothing benefits and especially in hot weather, this method could make you sleep soundly.

However, this is just my personal review and different people have different reactions towards any products. If you are really under doctor's personal care, then maybe some products out there on the market are not for you.

Anyways, to my bestie, I am really happy and excited and also proud of you for your business start up. I can't wait to try the new flavours she just created, and there are new flavours coming guys! Check out their instagram page @crystalskinbyyasmin and there are some rumours she will be creating skincare for the face as well. I kept on pestering her to create this and this, for face, for whitening purposes, and suggested her some new flavours as well. #maybecanbeyouragentoneday hehe. I pray that this kick start will grow and I know many people will get benefit from this product InsyaAllah. 

That's about it, thank you for those who took their time to read my rambles of excitement. I've always wanted to review beauty products, and again this is my personal review. We are already beautiful in every way, even just by existing. But there's nothing wrong in adding extra maintenance to feel more beautiful, and confident, and ready to take on the world. Rooting for everyone out there who is hustling amidst this pandemic, I know it ain't easy. So please take some time to pamper yourself, coz you are worth it and you deserve it. 





Comments

Popular Posts